Generic Name: Vitamin B Complex
Composition: B-COM Capsule
Each capsule contains
- Thiamine Monocitrate (Vit. B1) BP 10 mg
- Riboflavin (Vit. B2) BP 10 mg
- Pyridoxine HCl (Vit. B6) BP 3 mg
- Nicotinamide (Vit. B3) BP 50 mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12) BP 15 mcg
- Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate BP 60 Mg
- Calcium Pantothenate (Vit. B5) BP 5 mg
- Ascorbic acid BP 150 mg
Each 5 ml contains
- Thiamine HCl (Vit. B1) BP 5 mg
- Riboflavine Sod. Phosphate (Vit. B2) BP 5 mg
- Pyridoxine HCl (Vit. B6) BP 5 mg
- Nicotinamide (Vit. B3) BP 45 mg
- Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate BP 20 mg
- Cyanacobalamin (Vit. B12) BP 5 mcg
- Dexapenthol (Vit. B5) USP 5 mg
Therapeutic Category: Vitamin
Presentation: B-COM Tablet: Available in the pack size as 10 tablets X 30 blisters
B-COM Syrup: Available in 200 ml bottle
Thiamine (Vit. B1) plays a central role in the release of energy from carbohydrates. It is involved in RNA and DNA production, as well as nerve function.
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) is involved in release of energy in the electron transport chain, the citric acid cycle, as well as the catabolism of fatty acids
Pyridoxine HCl (Vit. B6): The active form of pyridoxine is pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (PLP) which serves as a cofactor in many enzyme reactions mainly in amino acid metabolism including biosynthesis of neurotransmitters.
Nicotinamide (Vit. B3) plays an important role in energy transfer reactions in the metabolism of glucose, fat and alcohol.
Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12) is involved in the cellular metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and lipids. It is essential in the production of blood cells in bone marrow, and for nerve sheaths and proteins
Zinc is needed for the body’s defensive (immune) system to properly work. It plays a role in cell division, cell growth, wound healing, and the breakdown of carbohydrates. Zinc is also needed for the senses of smell and taste
Pantothenic acid (Vit. B5) is involved in the oxidation of fatty acids and carbohydrates.
Ascorbic acid (Vit. C), a water-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant helps the body form and maintain connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin.
- B-COM is a nutritional supplement in the treatment of conditions associated with deficiency of certain B-Complex vitamins, such as severe infections , injuries, burns old age, beriberi ,convulsions etc.
- It is used as an adjunct in antibiotic therapy.
- Used during PREGNANCY (Some women need Vitamin B Complex medicines to get rid of anemia, elevated levels of homocysteine. Also for those who suffer from mental depression, dermatitis, high blood pressure and chronic cardiovascular diseases.)
- A specific vitamin B complex (with and without folic acid) significantly improved symptoms of alcoholic polyneuropathy over a 12-week treatment period.
Route of administration: Oral
Adult: 2-4 capsule per day
Children under 10kg: 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) 1 to 2 times daily or as directed by the physician.
Children (10-30kg): 2 teaspoonful (10 ml) 1 to 3 times daily or as directed by the physician.
Adults & Children over 30kg: 2 teaspoonfuls (10 ml) 2 to 3 times daily or as directed by the physician.
B-Com has little or no side-effects. Rarely seen side-effects are mild upset stomach or flushing which are usually temporary and may disappear as your body adjusts to this product.
- May interfere with certain laboratory tests (e.g., urobilinogen, intrinsic factor antibodies), possibly causing false test results.
- Other vitamin/nutritional supplements.